Digital Medias

 I was never one to stray from the typical word document. What do you mean that by using Google more than one person can work on a project? That sounds ridiculous. 



Still, I am fully aware of the wonders of the internet. And yes, there are many! The internet, like many things in live, could be seen as good or bad, for the matter of the perception is within the eye of the beholder. Ah, right as rain. 


I personally would implement more digital literature tasks into my classrooms. Virtual, as seen in this pandemic, is a way to visit other worldly sights that are otherwise inaccessible to students. Additionally, a good use of digital technologies would be book trailers, audio books, podcast reviews of books. It doesn't have to stop there. Encouraging reading through digital means is an outlet door for other forms of expression, like film making, digital poetry, digital media arts. There are so many options! As noted in Hicks Et. al "Reimagining a Writer's Process" "Shifting the journey is part of the process of writing." We need to show students that the journey is not the destination but the ride itself. Publishing something or creating something is the best part, as you are now creative, but that is the part that is most important! 

My own personal favorite form of digital medias are Tedtalks. Listed below is my favorite Tedtalk about teaching! https://www.ted.com/talks/rita_pierson_every_kid_needs_a_champion?language=en

Comments

  1. I love the thought of encouraging readers through digital literacies. It gives them a chance to grasp a concept that they can potentially use outside the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa! I'm such a huge fan of TedTalks, I could sit and watch them for hours. I think that they're such wonderful (relatively short) videos that hold all the power and meaning of an hour-long lecture. The one you linked is so awesome, I can't believe I had never seen it! What a great addition to your post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment